Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Days 10 & 11--Back to Costa Rica

After a busy day yesterday and a late night/early morning, I took a 10:30am bus from Morelia back to Mexico City with my friend Julia. We next took a taxi from the bus terminal to the airport, checked in, and walked around to find our gates (I was flying back to Costa Rica and Julia was headed back to Germany). We ran into Susan (who also was at the conference and works in La Selva too) and the three of us ate some food and waited until our flights boarded. Susan and I were on the same flight back to San José which left at 6pm Mexico time. We arrived in Costa Rica around 10pm and I met Carlos outside the airport around 10:30pm. We went back to the Dunn Inn and called it a night.

We spent the next day in the city and had a nice lunch at one of my favorite San José restaurants: a Lebanese restaurant called Lubnan. We ordered a “mezza para dos” (table for 2) which consisted of tons of little dishes of food. My favorites were the hummus, labne, cucumber yoghurt salad, falafel, and sweet pork on stick-things. There were a lot of great things to eat and I can’t even remember them all! We also went to the San Pedro Mall (near the University of Costa Rica) and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I really liked this one (although it was my least favorite Harry Potter book). We spent another night at the Dunn Inn and left the next day for the bus back to Puerto Viejo Sarapiqui and La Selva. It was nice to take a relaxing break with Carlos since we are always working (day and night) on our respective dissertations when we are on-station. Mexico was great, but it was nice to come home to Costa Rica!

No comments: