Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One step closer to Germany

I registered for the 2009 ATBC (Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation) conference two days ago and today I purchased my airplane ticket to Germany! I am very excited to be setting all of these plans in motion, but I am so busy right now preparing for Costa Rica! The ATBC conference will be held in the town of Marburg, Germany (about 1.5 hours by train from Frankfurt). It looks like a pretty ancient town with cobblestone streets and lots of stairs -- I can't wait to go. Carlos and I will be attending the conference together and we also made some time to travel around for about a week afterward. I am really unsure of where our extra travels will take us -- I will have to start reading and planning those out after I am back from Costa Rica. If anyone has any fun suggestions for sightseeing in Germany, I am all ears!

No comments: