Sunday, April 25, 2010

Washington D.C.-bound

So, the cool news that I hinted at in one of my earlier posts is official now -- Carlos and I will be moving to Washington D.C. this summer! We are both super excited about this new development. Carlos received a prestigious fellowship from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History and will be working there for a while. I don't have a post-doc lined up quite yet, but I am working on it (especially by going to the Frugivory and Seed Dispersal conference in France this June!).

This summer will be really busy with packing, moving, and a couple of travels here and there. My parents are coming down to Miami for graduation in June and after that we are driving north to Orlando for a vacation in Walt Disney World. After that, my mom, her friend Judy, and I are going to France for the aforementioned frugivory conference and some post-conference travels. It is a little hectic planning all of this stuff and finishing up the written portion of my dissertation, but it is all coming together and it is really exciting to be leaving Miami soon for the coolness that is D.C.!

2 comments:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

ARGH!!!! Why did I leave DC?! So excited for you :-)If you need any advice/tips on places to live or whatever, let me know.

Jubie said...

Wow, awesome news dude! Sounds like you two have a very busy summer planned.