Friday, October 28, 2011

WEIRD AL CONCERT!!!


On October 19, Carlos and I went to my first ever Weird Al Yankovic concert (despite trying to see him in concert for at least a decade!) and it was the best concert I have ever been to (of the three total concerts I have seen).

I had such a great time and I think I now have to become a Weird Al groupie. I will DEFINITELY try to see him in concert again. He was such a fantastic showman and all of the music sounded just as good or BETTER than it does on CD! There were tons of costume changes and Weird Al played some GREAT songs; these are the ones that I think were on the set list:

- Polka Face (a polka medley of current songs)
- TMZ
- Smells Like Nirvana
- Skipper Dan (I like this song about the skippers on the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland)
- Party in the CIA
- CNR (a cool song about the awesome Charles Nelson Reilly)
- Canadian Idiot
- Wanna B Ur Lovr
- Money for Nothing / Beverly Hillbillies
- Medley (included tons of great older songs like 'Eat It')
- Amish Paradise
- Perform This Way
- White and Nerdy (LOVE THIS SONG!)
- Fat
- The Saga Begins
- Yoda (played as encore)

Here are a bunch of pictures that I took during the concert (no flash) and Al is pretty washed out in all of them. We had great seats pretty close to the stage!



I also tried to put together a little video of the clips I recorded at the concert with my little point and shoot camera. The sound quality is not the best, but you can see bits from: (1) Smells Like Nirvana, (2) Money for Nothing / Beverly Hillbillies, and (3) White and Nerdy (look at Al's Segway skills!)


I HIGHLY recommend checking out a Weird Al concert and if I'm visiting you, we should go together!

No comments: