Saturday, October 20, 2012

Roy Lichtenstein exhibit


Yesterday, as a treat for finishing a really long and difficult job application, Carlos and I took a break to visit the recently-opened Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at the National Gallery of Art.


The exhibit is housed in the East building of the National Gallery and is really huge.  There were many, many paintings and sculptures from throughout his art career, but there was no photography allowed in the main exhibit.  I was able to take a few pictures outside the main exhibit: an abstract Lacoon, one of the artist's studio, a sculpture, and a painting of architectural elements.

 
I really like Lichtenstein's art, especially his comic-book panels and graphic images of objects (e.g. hot dogs, Alka-Seltzer, tires, notebooks).  I also really like the Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck comic panel painting that started his comic-style of pop art.  I might have to come visit this exhibit again because I liked it so much!

No comments: