Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nintendo 3DS XL


The other day I ventured out to Target for a little treat that I had been thinking about getting for a while (about a year) -- a Nintendo 3DS XL!  I haven't had a handheld Nintendo system since my little pink DS (which I still love).  The 3DS is fantastic -- it has two screens: the upper screen is in 3D (no need for 3D glasses, which is so cool) and the bottom screen is a touch screen.  I am still playing around with all of the features, but I really like this system so far!

I also bought a 3DS game that just came out: Paper Mario Sticker Star.  I love the Paper Mario series (which I have played since the first game came out on the Nintendo 64) and so far, this one is just as fun as the others!  I am excited to look into the virtual console for this system too.  It is analogous to the virtual console on the Wii, but instead of downloading old games for the home consoles (e.g. NES, SNES, N64, Atari), the 3DS virtual console has a lot of titles from handheld systems (e.g. Gameboy)!

No comments: