Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cheese making and vacation time!

A couple weeks ago I tried making goat cheese with a little DIY kit that I received as a Christmas present. I would have tried making this sooner, but it took a really long time to track down non-homogenized goat milk! I finally found some at the Union Market (where Crafty Bastards was held) so the time was right to try my hand as a cheese maker.


I followed all of the steps, but ultimately this was a failure. I had a fun time trying to make cheese, but the end result was a slimy wet mush that slipped out of the molds and into a salty puddle. Oh well!

On a completely different subject, I am leaving soon to go on vacation with my sister! We are having another sisters' trip to Walt Disney World (we had our first sisters' trip 2 years ago)! Shannon arrives in DC tomorrow afternoon and we leave for Orlando the next morning. We will be there for 8 days total (woohoo!) and I plan to blog about our adventures after I return. Ohboyohboyohboy~

No comments: