Sunday, July 13, 2014

Random Mexico photos

Carlos and I are getting ready for our third trip of the summer (heading to a tropical biology conference in Cairns, Australia for 2 weeks!), but I thought I would post a few more (very random) photos from our time in Coatepec.

We ate a LOT of delicious food and really go to know our new town. It is a really fun and cute place!

 This fellow is looking for a girlfriend:

Garfield appears to be the mascot of a local dentist:

PiƱatas are everywhere!:

This pig in his fancy Mexican hat is in a play area near a huge grocery store called Chedraui:

This "Donald Duck" is in the same play area:

Coatepec has wonderful seafood, we had a great meal of rainbow trout (this one is covered in dehydrated garlic and Carlos' was wrapped in a leaf from a pepper plant):

This is the park in the center of town--it is really busy and full of food carts and toy vendors on the weekend:

This is the courtyard from our hotel:

I enjoyed the fresh paletas (found everywhere), my favorite so far is watermelon:

That's all I have to post for now. I have many more pictures that I should post (including some pictures of our new orange house!), but I still need to download and edit those and I probably won't have time to do that before leaving for Australia. When I get back, we will be in the midst of packing and planning our escape from DC!

No comments: