Saturday, September 08, 2007

Mom's coming soon!

Not much fun stuff to blog about this week. This morning I saw a peccary wallowing in some mud--it was really cute. He was snorting around under the water's surface (I think he was eating worms or some other invertebrates) and blowing bubbles. It was too funny, but by the time I ran back to get my camera, the muddy little piggy was gone. Well, that was the higlight of my morning!

My mom is coming down here for a visit very soon--I am really excited! This will be her first time in Costa Rica (and Central America) and I have a lot of fun things planned. She will arrive on Tuesday afternoon with her friend Judy and I will meet them at the airport. From there, we will come to La Selva and the adventure begins. I am planning on taking my mom on a lot of nice walks and tours throughout the forest. I also want to take her on a boat trip down the Rio Puerto Viejo (that runs through the La Selva reserve) and on one or two night hikes to see nocturnal animals. Mom will only be here from the 11th to the 16th, but we will be able to celebrate my birthday and bake my favorite birthday cake--peaches and cream cheesecake! My dad isn't able to come on the trip because of work and (even more importantly) animal baby-sitting duties! Oh those crazy critters!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Hey, my mom is coming to visit me too! And my dad can't come because of work too! It's like we are living parallel lives, except you are in the actual jungle and I'm just in the DC jungle. Speaking of which . . . how much longer will you be in Costa Rica?