Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Yesterday marked the start of the Chinese New Year and this year is the year of the rat -- awesome! I am not a rat (instead I am a rooster) but I like rodents so this should be a good year.


While in Miami a couple of weeks ago, I ran into my friend Shu who had recently returned from China where she got married. She brought a lot of wedding candies back to Miami with her and gave me two boxes: one with a picture of a bride and the other with a picture of a groom in traditional Chinese wedding garb. I am supposed to eat the candies in the bride box and Carlos is supposed to eat the candies in the groom box. I ate a couple of these candies the other night and they were good -- like orange, peach, or raspberry cream hard candies. The best part is that these candies from China...were actually made in Germany -- they are very well-traveled!

No comments: