Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Some things you can't find in Costa Rica

It is really weird to me that in a tropical country that grows a lot of Theobroma cacao trees (providing the seeds used to make chocolate), it is impossible to find good chocolate here -- you can't even find Hershey's brand chocolate bars!

While in Miami, I picked up a few chocolates to bring back here for nightly desserts. I eat only 1 or 2 squares of chocolate per night to conserve my limited stash of chocs!

Here are the chocolates that I have:

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate 65% -- really simple, smooth, and chocolatey

Bouquet d'Oranges: dark chocolate with orange flavoring -- this chocolate is pretty good (I love orange and dark chocolate together) but not as smooth as the other chocolates.

Tiramisu: milk chocolate with a layer of tiramisu cream inside. This is probably my favorite chocolate that I brought back -- it tastes EXACTLY like a soft piece of tiramisu!

Although I prefer licorice, jelly beans, and gummy candies to chocolate, it is nice to have a little chunk of chocolate after dinner each night!

2 comments:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I can't believe you just used "good chocolate" and "Hershey's" in the same sentence. . .

Goombella said...

Heehee! Hey -- Hershey's definitely has it's nostalgic deliciousness. And it's the only acceptable chocolate to make s'mores with!