Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday party

Woo-hoo, yesterday I turned another year older and another year...wiser? Anyways, I had a nice laid-back get-together last night with all 4 of the other researchers that are here right now (yay low season!). We ate chips, drank soda and wine, and made the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that I mentioned in a previous post. I was a little worried about the wonky oven here, but we let it pre-heat for an hour and it worked pretty well. The cookies turned out great! They are more cake-like than cookie-like, but that is even more delicious in my opinion. The recipe called for an entire package of chocolate chips but I only put in half -- I don't like chocolate to overpower the cookie. We watched the Simpsons in spanish while we baked and chatted -- it was a nice time and we ended up with tons of cookies! I highly recommend this recipe if you like soft cakey pumpkin and chocolate things. What a good birthday!

No comments: