Saturday, April 25, 2009

Asian snacks -- Gyoza


On Thursday (my usual morning to run errands before going to campus/home to work/write) I visited the Asian market to stock up on snacks and food items (e.g. curry, sauces, noodles, nori). So...now I have a few more Asian snacks that I can talk about!

I bought some frozen gyoza (little potsticker dumplings) and gyoza sauce at the market and this turned into our dinner that night (with some sticky rice). These gyoza are filled with shrimp and vegetables and are delicious. This is a very easy, inexpensive meal -- you just have to pan-fry the frozen gyoza until they are brown and crispy on one side, then add some water, cover, and cook until the water evaporates! Carlos and I really like these with the gyoza sauce -- it tastes like soy sauce with some citrus and spicy notes. These are so good!

No comments: