Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Leaving on Thursday -- for Germany!

I am running around, trying to get a few last-minute things done before Carlos and I leave for Germany this Thursday. I am getting really excited -- I have never been there before! This trip should be really fun and productive; here are some things I am planning to do over there:

- Visit cool museums and wander around "Mainhattan" (Frankfurt)
- Attend the premiere, international ATBC tropical biology conference and present my research
- Tour Marburg: its university and fairy-tale castle
- Boat tour on the Rhine
- Visit castles, ruins, and vineyards in St. Goar and Bacharach
- Sample some Reislings -- the specialty of the region
- Relax in Rothenburg ob der Tauber and see the sights of this old-fashioned walled town on the Romantic Road
- Try a German beer and eat lots of pastries!

I am getting excited and while I would also love to visit the Black Forest, Berlin, and Munich, I will have to save those areas for a future trip. Wouldn't it be nice to visit Germany during Christmas-time?

No comments: