Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas-time


I was lucky enough to be able to travel home to Washington for Christmas and be with all of my family for about three weeks. Our house always looks so great during the holidays thanks to all of my mom's decorating and hand-made things. I especially liked a little mini-Christmas tree with lights that was up in the loft -- I successfully prevented its dismantling after Christmas too because I liked it so much! Weird.

Anyway, we had a beautiful (live) tree this year that smelled wonderful and kept its needles on until we threw it away (for the most part anyway!). I was sad when all of the Christmas decorations started being taken away, but they stayed up until after New Year so that was pretty good! We had a great family-full Christmas filled with cool tunes (Mannheim Steamroller as usual), apple cider, lit fireplaces, and cowboy cake!

No comments: