Thursday, June 10, 2010

Watercolor agouti & France


I painted a watercolor agouti to bring to France with me. The organizers of the Frugivory and Seed Dispersal conference (FSD2010) asked everyone to bring something from their home country to put into a raffle -- only people who bring something get something (I think) so I thought I would paint a quick little sketch of one of my favorite frugivores -- the Central American agouti. This could also serve as a little propaganda for my research (hehehe -- tricksy hobbits).

Anyway, I leave for France tomorrow afternoon/night. I really hate having to get to the airport 3 hours early just to wait around -- blarf! I am packing my stuff into little piles right now and printed all of my confirmation things & maps. There are so many little details that I hope I don't forget anything (especially undies!). I am going to practice my conference talk tonight. I am pretty nervous about giving (another) talk, but that's just how it goes. This one is in a plenary symposium which means that potentially everyone in the conference (250+ people) could be in the auditorium with me! It should go smoothly because it will basically be a pared-down version of my defense talk (and that was 50 minutes) -- I only talk for 13 minutes this time. I am nervous to travel but excited to be visiting France again after many (~15) years! Au revoir -- see you in 2 weeks~

No comments: