Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin -- The Eye of Sauron


Oooooo, the other day I carved my Halloween pumpkin. I think it might be my best pumpkin yet! I carved the Eye of Sauron (the all-seeing eye from The Lord of the Rings series) and I think it turned out pretty great. This a big flaming eye and looks really cool and full of flaming veins when it is lit at night! I am sad though because it is already starting to dry out and get a little squishy so I have to keep the all-mighty Sauron in the fridge at night!

Carlos is in Costa Rica now (and will be there until mid-December) so I probably won't do anything special for Halloween, but I am taking a trip tomorrow to Plummers island with a couple of people for an annual oyster roast with the Washington Field Biologist's Club (one of those good 'ole boys clubs founded in 1901). It should be interesting!

No comments: