Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fun in Redmond & holiday cards

It's been pretty quiet on the bloggie front for the past couple of weeks as Carlos and I have been in Redmond visiting my parents for the holidays. We left DC on 15 December and we've already been in Redmond for about 2 weeks -- time really flies! I have been having a great time here and the weather has been OK (until today -- it is certainly snowing up a storm!). I even had time to visit my friend Molly in Seattle for a couple of days during my first weekend here! We had a great family Christmas at the house and even visited Judy and her family last night for a delicious meatloaf dinner!

Anyway, I had been doing a lot of art prior to arriving in Washington, but I wasn't able to blog about any of it until now because I was giving the gifts to people who read this blog! In this post I will talk about one of my craft projects -- my holiday cards for this year.

This year, I hand-carved a stamp of an agouti and stamped cream cardstock using a copper ink. Above the agouti I wrote "Have Agouti Holiday." I am pretty pleased with the cards and they were a lot of fun to make! I also made dark green envelopes and addressed everything with gold ink. I even had pretty evergreen-themed stamps for the cards that I mailed out to everybody!

I hope everyone received their holiday cards -- I had a lot of fun making them. What will I make for next year?

No comments: