Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Refurbished library card catalog drawers


Last week I finally got around to refurbishing my little library card catalog chest of drawers. I still wanted it to look old and used, but a little neater. First, I took out all of the drawers and sanded all of the wood lightly with fine sandpaper. After brushing off the wood dust, I stained all of the wood with walnut-colored stain (trying to keep the color pretty close to the original color). Once I wiped off all the stain, I made labels for each drawer (containing different sorts of art supplies) and lined each drawer with red velvet paper. The papers are actually 3 different colors (dark, medium, light red) from the top to the bottom. I am really proud of the final product and I love it even more than when I first got it!

No comments: