Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last April - May (Costa Rica)

I am so behind on posts, but I am hoping to get a few things posted before I leave for Costa Rica (again) this summer to teach the graduate fundamentals in ecology course.

Here are a ton of pictures from my last Costa Rica trip. I was in La Selva for a week attending a workshop on communication and learning in science -- it was a really fun/informative/productive workshop and I met a lot of really great educators there! Here are some photos I took at La Selva during breaks in our workshop program:

From La Selva, Deedra (coordinating the OTS course with me) and I drove south to the highlands in the middle of the country to visit one of our field stations -- Cuerci/Cerro de la Muerte. This site is in the mountains so it is really cold up there!

After staying in the mountains for 3 nights, we traveled farther south in Costa Rica (almost to the Panamanian border) to another OTS field station -- Las Cruces! We also took a day trip during one of our Las Cruces days to drive up to a higher elevation site called Las Alturas.

That's all for now, but I will be back in Costa Rica (teaching for 2 months) -- I leave this Friday!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Have fun and travel safe! Looking forward to seeing you in August.