Sunday, July 31, 2011

OTS course is done!

The final day of the OTS 11-3 course was Friday and after a nice goodbye dinner at Tin Jo in San Jose (a great Asian restaurant), we all said our goodbyes as most of the students continued on to Panama for a short visit to Barro Colorado Island (BCI) run by the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (STRI). I am staying on in San Jose until 4 August to finish up accounting, post-course evaluations/reports, and finish making the course book.

I head back to DC on 4 August, spend the 5th catching up on things stateside, then leave again with Carlos on the 6th to head out to the Ecological Society of America (ESA) conference in Austin, Texas. I am excited to visit Austin -- it sounds like a really great and fun place to visit. I especially want to see the huge Mexican free-tailed bat colony fly out from under the Congress Street bridge at dusk!

Straight from Austin, I fly up to Portland, Maine for my college bud Christina's wedding. It will be great to catch up with most of the old UCSB gang!

The summer has been pretty busy with teaching so far and now I have to get to work planning for the next course that starts at the end of January!

1 comment:

Jubie said...

Wow, so when will you be back at home in DC? Glad your summer just flew by, what an adventurer you are!