Thursday, July 07, 2011

Update from the field


I am currently at La Selva (my old thesis stomping grounds) and thought I would post a little update before heading out to the wilds once again. We have been here for about two weeks, but we leave in a couple of days, first for a night in San Jose, and then for a week in the mountains (the Mountain of Death actually -- Cerro de la Muerte).

We are a little over half-way done with the OTS course and things are going great! I have a fantastic group of students that are working hard and very interested in tropical field biology. We will finish the course at the end of July and after that I head out to Austin, TX followed by Portland, ME. Lots of traveling this summer!

I am really enjoying the OTS course rhythm again -- it is exhilarating to be in the field again and to be exposed to so many cool/new/interesting things in a variety of habitats! I will try to make another update before the end of the course, but with intermittent internet access and lots of papers to revise, it might not be possible~

No comments: