Thursday, May 10, 2012

EarthBound stitching


Last week was a doozy -- I just returned from Duke and am energized and optimistic about the OTS project I am working on.  It was a hectic, but very productive trip.  I will download my pictures from the last few adventures and post about them soon.

In the meantime, I have finished a cross-stitch project that I have been working on for a while.  It is a scene from my favorite video game -- Earthbound.  It depicts a scene with the four heroes (Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo) in the Dusty Dunes desert as they meet a lonely black sesame seed.  It sounds weird, but it really makes sense in the context of the story!  This cross-stitch comprises 10,956 stitches and took a few months (of on-and-off stitching) to complete.  I put it in a little IKEA frame and thought that it would be cool to color the mat with colored pencils to extend the scene.  I really like how it turned out and now I have to find a place on the wall to hang it.

No comments: