Friday, April 27, 2012

Busy times ahead

Things have been getting a little busy around here recently!

Tomorrow, Carlos and I are meeting up with friends on Plummer's Island to attend a shad bake (shad is a herring-like fish). It promises to be interesting.

On Sunday, my friend Deedra is coming to DC for a visit/work trip. We are working on a huge OTS assessment project together and plan to get a lot of things done by Tuesday. On Wednesday the two of us will drive south to Durham, North Carolina (OTS headquarters are at Duke University) to work there on more assessment stuff. We plan to return to DC the following Sunday.

About a week later, I am taking a Wilderness First Responder (WFR, pronounced "woofer") course at Georgetown University. This course will be from 8am - 5pm every day for a week -- sheesh! I've signed up for two WFR courses prior to this, but they have always been cancelled due to lack of enrollment -- I really hope that this one happens.

 A week after the end of the WFR course, Carlos and I fly out to Seattle for a few days to attend Shannon and BJ's wedding at Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie (Twin Peaks -- I want a darn fine piece of cherry pie!). It will be really nice to see everyone again (and in such a pretty location).

Whew, the month of May is going to be pretty busy. I will be sure to take pictures to document all of the adventures and post them on the bloggie!

No comments: