Friday, June 15, 2012

Shrinky dink beetle


The other night I made a shrinky dink -- I haven't made shrinky dinks in a long time (due to the dearth of craft supply stores here in DC). When I went home to Redmond a little over a week ago, I stopped by Ben Franklin Crafts (best craft store EVER) with my mom and finally found lots of shrinky dink plastic!  My idea is to make little shrinky dink pins of my and Carlos' study organisms (and some for friends too) that we can wear to conferences. This is a Chelobasis bicolor beetle (which lives in the young rolled leaves of heliconias and other gingers) and one of my favorite beetles that Carlos works with. I will eventually make an agouti (or peccary or BOTH) for me and I want to make an Odontomachus ant for my friend Cindy (she studies ant-plant interactions). Let the shrinky dink party begin!


No comments: