Sunday, July 29, 2012

back from Costa Rica

I am (finally) back in DC after some unexpected delays in Atlanta...yet again!  The first plane had "mechanical issues" so that flight was cancelled and I had to stay overnight in a hotel (which Delta paid for) -- I also received a whopping $12 worth of food vouchers!  I was re-booked on an early morning (0715 h) flight the next day, but (wouldn't you know it) THAT plane had issues too!  We boarded on time, but sat on the runway for 2.5 h because a computer was malfunctioning.  They tried about 5 different computers until one finally worked and we were able to fly out.  Sheesh.

After finally getting home, I took a shower and Carlos and I got ready to go out to dinner at Founding Farmers -- we celebrated our belated 3rd anniversary (because we were both really sick on our real anniversary earlier in July) and it was great!  We also enjoyed seeing the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics (my favorite part was Mr. Bean -- of course!).

Now that I am back home, I hope to be posting more interesting things soon.  I also have to work on getting a new passport (this one expires soon) because I probably have to go back to the field in a couple of months.  More details on that as the plan comes together~

No comments: