Friday, February 07, 2014

Christmas in Redmond 2013

I've finally gotten a little more organized at home and have had the time to download the pictures from winter break and edit them a little. I still can't believe how busy we have been ever since we returned to DC--it's like we pressed the fast-forward button. We have so much to get done in the coming months!

Anyway, I thought I would treat our trip to Redmond, WA as one big post with little comments after all of the pictures. Here we go!

My parents picked Carlos and me up from the Seattle airport and this view greeted us on the drive home--Mt. Rainier.


A very important component of any trip home is snacking! We stopped by Fred Meyer and picked up two types of pickle-flavored potato chips. After a thorough taste test, I preferred the Lay's.


Remlington was there to play with us and was always around as we were working or watching TV and playing Wii U.


We had some beautiful Christmas decorations including the amazing tree (it smelled good too!) with traditional ornaments (including Binky the polar bear). I also love our table all decked out for Christmas dinner.


Speaking of food, we had plenty of it over the holidays! We made some easy individual chicken pot pies, a lemon tart, and our traditional lunch o' snacks on Christmas day. Of course we also visited Haiku seafood buffet to celebrate Carlos' birthday early.


Overall, the weather was OK while we were in Washington--lots of cloudy and foggy days, even a little snow here and there.

Carlos and I had a ton of fun back home with my parents (as usual!). Who knows where we will be next year during the holiday season: Washington state, California, or Mexico!

No comments: