Friday, February 14, 2014

Holiday time art

I like to make most of the gifts I give over the holiday season and I thought I would write a quick little post about some of the art I made and gave this year.

As a Secret Santa present for my friend Jennifer, I adopted a yellow-backed duiker under her name at the Sacramento Zoo. The adoption package came with some great things like an adoption certificate, fact sheet about her animal, stickers, and some zoo admission coupons. I thought it would be neat to augment the gift with a little watercolor of her duiker and I am pretty pleased with the result! Jennifer and family made a trip to the Sacramento Zoo to see their adopted duiker and it seemed to be a really great gift.



I also had a good time making a cross-stitch of the Udea family: Shannon, BJ, Daphne, and Ernie. This was a lot of fun and I think the end product captured everyone's personalities.



We are currently digging ourselves out from the foot of snow we received from winter storm Pax a couple of nights ago. The government was shut down on Thursday (so the museum was closed), but we came in anyways and it was really weird walking around Capitol Hill that morning--it was a ghost town.

I have one more Christmas-related post after this (detailing our adventure at MagFest in January), then I hope to return to Walt Disney World-related posts until I finish documenting that trip!

No comments: