Saturday, June 07, 2008

Back from another San Jose trip

Ah, it was nice to have a little 3.5-day vacation away from work and in the city! Although San Jose isn't my favorite city, there are a lot of fun things to do there that aren't in Puerto Viejo. Carlos and I got to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and it was great! Although it is my least favorite of the four Indy movies, it had some really excellent moments -- my favorite parts were the subtle little nods to the first films. That was the best movie I had seen in a while.

During our second day in San Jose (and the reason for coming to the city in the first place) I went with Carlos to the American embassy so that he could renew his student visa. We were there for a very boring 5 hours but finally we were able to leave and Carlos got a visa renewal. Yay!

We spent our final day in the city relaxing and we saw another movie -- Deadly Silence. We wanted to see Narnia 2, but we would have had to wait around for 3 hours so we chose the evil puppet movie. It was entertaining, but a little predictable -- also not very scary.

We took the bus back to Puerto Viejo yesterday after having a tasty lunch at Cafe Mundo. It was so nice to have a break (even though we spent one day doing boring visa stuff) and not have to think about research for a little while!

In other news, my blog turned one year old yesterday! Happy birthday bloggie!

3 comments:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Happy Birthday Blog! Hard to believe it's one year already, huh? I wonder how long blogs will stick around . . .

Jubie said...

Hey, congrats on the one year mark -- that's pretty awesome. Wow, that's a long time to continually keep a blog!

Yeah, I felt the same about Indiana Jones -- not as great as the other ones but still fun. I think Iron Man is the best movie I've seen this summer but hey, there's still lots of summer left... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a biology grad student in Denver and a friend of Jubie's. She gave me the address for your blog. I just got back a couple weeks ago from an ecology field study class to Costa Rica. I loved it so much there and had such a great experience with the people there that I am considering pursuing a Ph.D. in ecology, rather than the molecular biology direction I was headed in.

I was wondering if I could email you and pick your brain about Costa Rica and your research and what it's like to work there. I've only just begun to browse your blog, but it sounds like you have some great experiences there!

If you'd like, my email is trekkieb_99@yahoo.com.

Thanks and keep up the posting!
BobbiJo