Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mini-foods

Nothing super-exciting has been happening here lately -- I have been pretty busy with fieldwork! I was sitting at my computer this morning looking at a few of the things around my office and noticed some new additions that I picked up on my last trip to San Jose.

While wandering around the mall San Pedro, I stopped into a little Sanrio-type shop full of cute things and Carlos bought me these three cute mini-food erasers.
From top to bottom: cream puff with a strawberry, tempura shrimp on sticky rice, and dorayaki. Dorayaki is a tasty Japanese treat comprised of two pancakes filled with sweet red bean paste -- they are really good and the favorite food of the Cosmic Cat, Doraemon (if you don't know who Doraemon is, he is the main character of a really excellent Japanese cartoon series started in the 1970's).All of these are about 2 - 3 cm in width. They are really small but incredibly detailed (especially for rather cheap little erasers!). There is no way that I will ever use these as erasers -- I have them arranged amongst my things on the ledge above my computer.

No comments: