Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bocas del Toro -- Day 3

Today, we planned for a very easy-going day filled with visiting shops, wandering, and planning our trip home for the next day. Arietta and I went to a little German bakery for breakfast where I had a delicious latte and a disappointingly stale cream pastry (boo!). We also stopped by Om again for strawberry smoothies. We had a few things to do (visit the bank, pay for the hotel, purchase our boat tickets for tomorrow morning), but for the most part the day was very relaxed. We visited a curious store called Pet Tienda (pet shop) which had lots of funny dog outfits for display outside, but it wasn’t that exciting. We also bought some more snacks at the Super Gourmet grocery store and browsed souvenirs. I didn’t end up getting anything since all the items were waaaaay overpriced and fairly crappy. I used to like the artisan market since the Kuna Indians would sell their hand-made goods there, but now it is inhabited by creepy old men.


We spent more time at the hotel enjoying TV and had a late lunch/early dinner at a pizza parlor in the center of town. I had ham and onion thin-crust pizza and it was the best pizza I have eaten in a while! I saved half for a snack later that night.


We went to bed early since we were scheduled to take the 7am boat from Bocas to Changuinola and from there, take a bus back to La Selva. This was a very successful trip -- I renewed my visa (last time before I return to the states), enjoyed a relaxing island beach, and ate good food. I would highly recommend anyone visit Bocas del Toro, but only if you don’t have to travel far to get there (the trip from Puerto Viejo is a killer!).

No comments: