Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving dinner

Last night was a nice fairly low-key Thanksgiving dinner with tons of food! There were a lot of people there (from all over the world) and the dining hall was decorated for Christmas. It was a pretty fancy event -- so I was sure to not wear my muddy rubber boots!


After the station director related the history of Thanksgiving (in English and Spanish) we all traveled through the buffet line to get our treats.


I had turkey and mashed potatoes with gravy, a sweet potato, cornbread, cheese, an egg, and ayote (like pumpkin) pie. There was a LOT more food offered, but I couldn't eat any more.


After dinner and chatting with friends for a bit, Carlos and I walked home and who was there to greet us but Chola and Shakira! We didn't have any turkey for them, but we gave them each half a hamburger bun and they were pretty happy. Who knows where I will be for Thanksgiving next year?

No comments: