Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hurrah!

I must say that I was very relieved and excited to turn on my computer this morning and learn that Obama is our new president-elect! I was cautiously optimistic that he would win, but after 8 years of idiocy and 2 suspect elections, I wasn't putting anything past the GOP -- they are pretty tricksy!

Anyway, I am not really into politics and I don't preach to convert others, but I think this is a good step forward for our country. We are already receiving a positive response from so many world leaders and this is very heartening news. Obama will definitely have his work cut out for him as he tries to repair all the damage done by the Bush administration...

In other news, last night while walking home across the bridge, Carlos and I saw a young 2-toed sloth! He was the cleanest and fluffiest sloth that I had ever seen and he was definitely in reach of petting (although we didn't pet him). He had a super wet and squishable-looking nose (my mom wouldn't have been able to resist squishing it!) and his face was so cute with his little blinking eyes. While we admired this little sloth, we also saw a wooly opossum walking amongst the branches overhead. So many nice animals!

No comments: