Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back in Miami

Actually, I have been back since the afternoon of the 14th, but things have been hectic (as expected) -- I have found a place to live, but am currently living in the office until all the paperwork is done and everything is signed. Hopefully Carlos and I will move into our new place early next week!

I haven't had time to download and organize all the pictures that I took during my various trips this December and January, but I will get to it eventually and start posting about everything. Our road trip took a total of 9 driving days from Seattle to Miami and we traveled through a grand total of 11 states:

- Washington
- Oregon
- California
- Nevada
- Arizona
- New Mexico
- Texas
- Louisiana
- Mississippi
- Alabama
- Florida

We toured through some pretty country, but didn't really stop to enjoy most of it since we had to be back in Miami by the 15th. We also got really lucky weather-wise -- we returned to Miami JUST before the arctic storm front moved in that everyone is talking about. Most of the places we drove through would have been icy and treacherous had we left Las Vegas a day or two later than we actually did!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

I'm still waiting for stories and for pictures! :-) Hope you have settled back in now and are back to normal life.