Monday, January 26, 2009

So busy -- blarghhh.

Argh, I have been meaning to post something about my travels this summer, but before I could upload any pictures, I had to remove a bunch of photos from my drive to free up space. Now that I have the space, I found that I have left my little camera at home so maybe I can upload everything later.

As for getting settled back into Miami life, things are going well. Carlos and I have a nice apartment/condo thing that is really close to campus and is even furnished! We moved in a couple of days ago and are still unpacking things and moving things from location to location, but I really like the place. We are even in walking-distance to blockbuster, a drug store, and a bunch of random stores and restaurants. That is a real rarity for a city like Miami -- you can hardly walk anywhere!

I start teaching on Wednesday, but it shouldn't be that bad since both of my labs are on the same day. Wednesdays won't be much fun, but at least that frees up the rest of the week for writing!

OK, just thought I would write a little update to let everyone know what I have been up to. I am going to try hard to make time to post about Christmas vacation before January is done...aaaaaiiiieee -- it is almost February!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

So glad to hear that things are working out. I am hoping that I can find something just as perfect when I move in June. I'm sick of my little apartment and want to be closer to the metro. Good luck with the classes!