Saturday, January 10, 2009

My blog was hibernating...

Wow, it has been quite a while since I've had the time to sit down on the internet and post something on my blog -- it has been a very busy and rather crazy past few weeks! As my last blog post noted, the holidays started off a little later than anticipated as Carlos and I were trapped in Las Vegas while on our way to my parents' house in Washington. After a pretty long setback (about 4 or so days) we finally made it to Redmond and the snowy and icy weather didn't really improve much for the whole (now truncated) time that we were there! I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't do the majority of the fun things in Washington that I had planned (among those visiting my high school friends and catching up with them), but I was able to spend time with my family and our new dog Remy (his full name is Remington and he is a German Short-haired Pointer like Sierra).

Mom, dad, Carlos, and I all piled into my little Honda right after New Years to drive down to Las Vegas and spend a belated Christmas with my sister. The drive involved a few adventures in a mountain pass, but eventually we arrived safe and relatively unscathed! Las Vegas was fun and felt a little like a second home since I was there less than a week before. We wandered around the strip, I beat the house (yea, I was ahead $1.25!), and we stuffed ourselves silly at a buffet. I have a bunch of pictures that I will post a little later showing some highlights of the trip.

After spending a few days with Shannon, Carlos and I hit the road -- Miami or bust! Right now I am typing this in a Best Western in Sealy, Texas and we've been on the road for 3 days so far with another 3 or so on the horizon. So far, the driving isn't too bad and we have seen some nice desert and the Hoover Dam -- I will post some pictures from the road trip so far too.

OK, I need to get some rest before our drive tomorrow -- hopefully we can make it all the way to Mobile, Alabama. Stay tuned for some retroactive blog posts on my adventures from this Christmas and New Years!

1 comment:

MCK said...

Aha! I was curious what happened to you over the holidays, and just thought about checking your blog since I saw you haven't been on MySpace for awhile.

I'm bummed I missed seeing you dude, but honestly, Capitol Hill was totally impassable during the storm, and I was also REALLY REALLY sick from Thanksgiving until pretty recently.

Sorry you got stuck in Vegas! I just spent a week with friends in New York. Our airplane broke down on the runway on the way home, and because of all the travelers returning from the inaguration, we had a long journey home, which included being rerouted all over the United States. For which I can thank for setting foot in Atlanta, Georgia for the first time, and visiting the Philadelphia airport twice.

Get in touch with me on MySpace or at mollyckastner@gmail.com I'd love to chat! err . . . or like, virtually communicate, or whatever this is called.