Saturday, February 20, 2010

Post-graduation trip planning

Because Carlos and I will both graduate in May, we are thinking about taking a short trip after we are all finished to celebrate our hard work and reaching a giant milestone in our careers. We are thinking of either taking a cruise around the eastern Caribbean (neither of us has been on a cruise before) or driving up to Walt Disney World and visiting the parks for a few days. We want to do something that is very Floridian because we will be leaving the state at the end of June -- we should take advantage of being here before we leave! I think right now we are leaning towards Disney more because it will likely be easier, but the cruise would also be fun.

I also am working on planning my summer trip to France where I am presenting my dissertation research at a Frugivory and Seed Dispersal Conference/Symposium in Montpellier. Although it will be expensive, I have to make it to this conference because it is only held once every five years and will be a good opportunity to try and land a job. My parents are going to join me in France post-conference and we will spend about a week touring the south of France up to Paris!

No comments: