Sunday, March 07, 2010

Super Mario Bros. 3 cross-stitch

It's been a little quiet on the blogging front here recently due to tons of dissertation deadlines that I have. I am finishing up the bulk of my writing with my full dissertation needing to be done in about 2 weeks -- stressful! Anyway, I found some pictures of a work-in-progress cross-stitching project that I have been working on when I need to take a little break from work. I am stitching a screenshot from one of my favorite Nintendo games -- Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES. I've loved this game ever since I saw it in The Wizard and I played it with my friends when I was little. The pixels of the video game translate very well into cross-stitch and it is turning out nice. When done, it will be a map of world 5 -- sky world.
These are the first work-in-progress pictures that I took a long time ago. I am much further than this now, but I thought I would post these to show how I started. I will show more pictures as I work along on this, but right now the project is in a drawer so that I don't get distracted and only work on my dissertation!

No comments: