Thursday, July 22, 2010

In DC now!

Hi everyone, Carlos and I made it up to DC on Monday afternoon, after spending a few days traveling and visiting with friends in Gainesville and Durham. It was great to hang out with our friends from La Selva completely out of context in the cities where they go to school! It was also fun visiting the University of Florida and Duke campuses -- very different from the University of Miami campus!

Carlos and I are staying in Rockville, Maryland with our friend's mom until we find a place of our own. We are busy apartment hunting and I think we are looking most intensely at places fairly near the DC metro area. These areas are a little pricier than we would like, but I think with a little hunting we will find a nice place with not much of a commute to the Mall.

I will resume my France posts soon (once I get a little more time) so do not fret -- I still have to finish up the last couple of days from our trip. I really do like DC though (and the outlying cities) -- a most welcome change from Miami (though the weather is basically the same -- very hot and humid!).

No comments: