Friday, August 20, 2010

This week was buuusy!

Sheesh, it is already Friday? This week was absurdly full of stuff to do. Here are some of the things I have been up to recently:

• Sent in the paper I was reviewing for Biotropica.
• Had multiple meetings with people in the Mammalogy division here at the Natural History Museum (I have another meeting this afternoon too!).
• Awesome Wednesday lunch at Jaleo (Spanish tapas place) for Restaurant Week. Carlos and I shared gazpacho, ensalada campera, patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo, salmon with raspberries and cauliflower puree, pork tenderloin in roasted onion and cheese sauce (this was the best!), flan, and almond ice cream!
• My background check came through and now I am an official behind-the-scenes volunteer at the Smithsonian -- I've been working in the herbarium.
• Went to the zoo yesterday with the botany lab, working on a plant ID iPhone app
• Visited museums during breaks
• Visited a new exhibit here at the Natural History Museum -- Losing Paradise: Endangered Plants Here and Around the World. Beautiful scientific illustrations!
• Getting ready to move out of the place we've been staying to a more local house in Eastern Market -- the 1.5 hour commute each way was killing us and we need to be closer to the Museum until we move into our real apartment in September.

Whew, that is a lot (plus a bunch of little stuff that wasn't interesting enough to list). This afternoon I plan to also visit a nearby Farmer's Market!

No comments: