Friday, March 30, 2012

Fox x-stitch


I made this little red fox cross-stitch quite a while ago (for my friend Jennifer as her secret Santa present last Christmas!) but I don't think I ever posted about it. I also made an elk for my friend Molly (but I never took a picture of it). I really enjoy making these little animal stitches inspired by the art of Charley Harper. They are pretty small so they don't take forever (like some of the other cross-stitch projects that I've been working on...I will post about those a little later).

When I went back to Washington for Christmas, I made sure to stock up on lots of cross-stitching thread, cloth, and even Sculpey clay to make sure I can work on crafts here in DC -- the land of no craft stores -- until I can get back to the Ben Franklin craft store in Redmond!

No comments: