Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Zaytinya food-fest


This happened a loooooong time ago, but I had not had the time to post about it until now. Carlos and I visited one of our favorite restaurants for a celebration dinner and (thanks to a birthday gift certificate from my good friends Christina, Michele, and Erin Kado) were able to go all out for a fantastic meal!

Carlos and I had wine with tons of little plates of food: calamari, shrimp, scallops (my favorite), hummus, tzatziki, pitas, and an incredible cheese plate!

One of the best things I had during that dinner (aside from the scallops) was the cheese plate -- there were so many delicious varieties of cheese with interesting accompaniments (honeycomb, candied walnuts!). This was a really great dinner and I might be going back again this Friday for a friend's birthday celebration. Also, I am bringing my family here when they come to visit in about a week (I've already made reservations because this place is very, very popular). If you ever want to come and visit me, we can eat here~

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yum! I couldn't agree with you more. Have you tried Founding Farmers yet?