Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In & around Lancaster, CA

I have (finally) uploaded, organized, and edited all of the pictures from Carlos' and my Christmas trip to Lancaster, CA and thought I would make another post of miscellaneous pictures from our stay with Shannon, BJ, Mom, and Dad.

I had a lot of fun playing with Shannon's kitties Daphne (who I met before when Shannon still lived in Las Vegas) and Ernie (who I had not met before this trip). Both kitties were fun and I think they enjoyed the extra attention. Ernie really liked napping under the curtains or in the sun room and Daphne was shy at first, but loved being brushed and playing with the laser pointer.



We enjoyed getting out of the house and visiting the various landmarks around Lancaster and Palmdale, especially the desert (more on that in a later post) and the aqueduct, which my grandpa helped build.


Of course, what would a holiday vacation be without tons of delicious food? We ate lots of tasty treats, including In-n-Out burgers and fries, Christmas lunch o' snacks, cookies, and hot cocoa.


I have some more California oriented post plans (Universal Studios, meteorite hunting, and LA Brea tar pits/LA) and I should be able to post about more fun soon.

Carlos and I have been running around the rain forest these past few days (doing SCIENCE!) and it has been so energizing and intellectually-stimulating. I am sure I will post about our Costa Rican adventures soon too!

No comments: