Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Agouti x-stitch & update

Now that gifts and hand-made cards have been received by everyone, I can finally blog about more of the crafty things that I made for the holidays. This year (like every year), my UCSB friends and I do a Secret Santa gift exchange. I was the Secret Santa for Christina this year and I bought her a Smitten Kitchen cookbook and made this little " A is for Agouti" cross-stitch (I thought it would fit in her baby nursery). I am really pleased with how it turned out (did you notice the sparkly copper stitches on the agouti's rump?).


As for an update: Carlos and I are back from California and we had such an amazing time with all of our family down there! We really liked the high elevation desert in and around Lancaster and I will post some of what we did over Christmas break soon. Tomorrow, we are off on a mini-vacation at National Harbor, Maryland for a video game festival called MagFest! We are going to be gone for five days and it will be non-stop nerdiness and video game fun. This will be my very first video game con and I am glad to accomplish another item on my bucket list~

PS. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Christina said...

His shiney hiney is one of my favorite parts! Absolutely loved the gift can't wait to finally get it hung on the wall after we move some furniture around.