Saturday, October 18, 2008

VISA run to Panama

In early November I need to renew my VISA (yet again!) and I will be traveling to Panama with a friend to do this. Gringos automatically get tourist VISAs that are valid for 90 days after the date of entry into Costa Rica soooo...every 90 days I travel out of the country (my last trip was to Colombia) and remain outside Costa Rica for 72 hours. After that, I cross the border again and get another 90 day VISA. Woo-hoo! It is a lot easier to do this than to apply for a VISA extension (or temporary residency) through the immigration offices!

I have been to Panama a few times and the region we are traveling to (Bocas del Toro) is located only 32 km from the Costa Rican border so it is a convenient place to stay for 3 days. Bocas del Toro is a group of forested islands in the Caribbean with Bocas town (the largest populated area in the province) located on Isla Colon. I don't really want to take the time out of my research to leave the country, but I have to and at least I will get to relax and enjoy nice beaches and food while in Bocas! I will probably have more information to write about later as our departure date nears. Yay for traveling, but boo for inconveniencing my research!

No comments: