Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Winter road trip planning

I cannot believe that I only have about 2.5 months left here in Costa Rica before I fly back to Washington and from there, drive back to Miami. Since I like doing research (duh!) and planning things, I have been giving a little thought to the road trip that Carlos and I will take after Christmas.

It looks like we will travel from Redmond, WA south through Oregon (I want to try and visit Powell's Used Books in Portland on the way). From there, we will travel south through inland California where we will also stop in Fairfield to take a tour of the Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Factory (yay!). Next, I think we will travel east to Las Vegas where we will stay with my sister and visit for a few days before hitting the road east towards New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Tennessee until we hit Atlanta, GA. From Atlanta, the drive should be pretty easy and we might be able to make it all the way south to Miami in a day's drive (unless we decide to visit friends at the University of Florida in Gainesville).

This epic road trip will probably take around 10 days -- give or take a couple of days depending on how the driving is going. I will definitely miss Costa Rica, but it will be great to be back in Washington for Christmas and to see my friends and family!

No comments: