Monday, February 02, 2009

Las Vegas adventure -- Part 1

I finally had some time to download all my pictures from the past couple of months. Thus will begin a little retroactive blogging about all my adventures from the end of December until my arrival back in Miami.

Carlos and I flew out of San José, Costa Rica on 21 December. Our flight plan to return to Washington included stops in Phoenix and Las Vegas (with about a 5 hour layover in Vegas). However, due to the intense and uncharacteristic snowfall and freezing weather that hit Seattle during that time, we got stuck in Vegas. We ended up having an unexpected stay in Las Vegas with my sister (who luckily lives there and had a really nice place for Carlos and me to stay!) before visiting my parents in Washington.

We had about 4 days in Las Vegas with Shannon (but without access to luggage which somehow made a magical flight to Seattle in the bad weather without us). We spent our time relaxing, wandering the strip, and hanging out with Shannon on her days off. This layover was actually very fortuitous since I go to spend time with my sister who I hadn’t seen for 2 years!

We visited the Luxor first (formerly my favorite hotel, but now it’s kind of sad and lame). From there, we went to the Coca-cola museum/store where Shannon, Carlos, and I shared one of the International Coke Product samplers: 16 different drinks from around the world. Most of the drinks were pretty good -- except for the bitter one! From there, we walked to the Planet Hollywood (formerly the Aladdin) and the Paris.


On another night, we visited In-N-Out Burger for dinner (yea!) and saw the Christmas decorations in the atrium of the Bellagio. We stayed for the fountain show and walked to Caesar’s Palace.


I really liked hanging out with my sister at her place (she has a really nice apartment) and playing with her little kitty named Daphne. Though shy at first, Daphne is a really friendly and slightly evil cat who likes to gnaw on fingers and sleep under the bed.


After our slight delay in Las Vegas, my sister dropped Carlos and me off at the airport on the night of 24 December so that we could fly off to Washington. One perk of our delay was that they put us in first class for the trip -- woo-hoo!

No comments: