Monday, September 27, 2010

Crime and Punishment Museum


This past Saturday was free museum day -- this means that some museums around here (and around the entire country) that cost $$ to enter were free if you printed a ticket out online and brought it in. Carlos and I chose to visit the Crime and Punishment Museum (the Spy Museum wasn't participating, otherwise we would have gone there!).

Overall, this museum was pretty fun, informative, and had well put-together exhibits...but I'm glad I didn't have to pay the normally $18 entrance fee! I didn't like how crowded-feeling the exhibits here were, and if you looked closely at the signs, many of the items on display were replicas or props from movies (i.e. the Bonny and Clyde death car, replica of Wyatt Earp's pistol) -- that wasn't expected! The exhibits ranged from Ted Bundy's Volkswagon to mob boss stuff and pirate memorabilia.

Despite their misleading exhibits (I'm sure most people didn't even notice!), I especially liked seeing the America's Most Wanted set -- this is where the show is actually filmed! It was exciting to see~

Overall, this was a fun museum to see for free, but I would feel disappointed had I paid the steep entrance fee!

No comments: