Monday, September 20, 2010

Library card catalog drawers


This past weekend was a really fun/busy one. On Saturday, Carlos and I went to the nearby (1 block down the street) BBQ place and bought a pulled pork sandwich that we brought to the park and had a little picnic. On the way there, we passed a local library that was having a book sale and on the way back home we peeped in for a look. We found some good and super cheap books, but the big treasure find was this beautiful 6-drawer library card catalog set! I have been looking for one of these FOREVER (on craiglsist, ETSY, etc. but they are always expensive). I scored this set of drawers for $30 (they usually sell for hundreds of dollars!). It is a little scuffed up and worn in some places, but it is in very good shape with intact metal drawers. It is really well-made and beautiful and I can't believe I have finally found a card catalog drawer set of my very own! I am going to refurbish it (add some stain and wax and line the drawers with felt) to make it a nice home for my art supplies. If you ever find a library sale going on, hunt around for these drawer sets because they are awesome!

No comments: