Friday, September 17, 2010

Randomness

I haven't had much time to organize what I have been up to recently into a proper blog post so I thought I would throw in a bunch of pictures instead!

Carlos and I shared a watermelon/vanilla (blue!) snow cone at the USDA farmer's market:

We also attended a chili pepper festival at the farmer's market (where I won a free T-shirt!):

We had surprisingly good sushi in Union Station:

We brought this really nice Riesling to a BBQ:

We went on a secret adventure one night after the Natural History Museum closed. We explored all of the floors and found lots of human bones in the anthropology department!

We just wandered around, enjoying the sun. Here is one of my favorite trees here: the Crape Myrtle:

All of the reflecting pools around here have lots of ducks (and geese) in them!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

You should try Kotobuki for sushi, it's along the river north of Georgetown. Small place maybe 6 tables, delicious food. Don't confuse it with the Japanese Restaurant downstairs called Makoto. When you walk through the door you should be heading up a small narrow staircase. Usually there's a line standing on the staircase. 2 people is perfect, they will seat you faster then larger groups. Early dinner is best to avoid the line, 7pm on a Friday and you will be waiting for a while. I think you have to drive.